This course is for you if you wish to become an Independent pilot at your earliest and let your passion airborne.
We will cover all the learning steps previously mentioned and more.
You can now join us on all our Basic and Advanced Flying tours in India and abroad.
As a Licensed APPI Pilot, you will have access to APPI's worldwide network
of Schools, Clubs & Centres to support your dreams of flying anywhere on our beautiful planet.
- Avi Malik
Independent Pilot License
20 Day APPI Pilot License Course is the first best step one can take to directly become an independent
and Licensed Paragliding Pilot.
1) To achieve an INDEPENDENT PILOT RATING. This means you can now pursue your flying as an
Independent hobby pilot. The Pilot now is matured enough to learn and improve his flying skills
on his own. This rating opens up a whole new world of progressing to advanced courses like Pre-
SIV course, Thermalling & XC course, SIV and Acro Courses. This rating will also make you eligible
to join our flying tours to both national and international flying destinations.
2) To achieve APPI Adventure Pilot license. With this rating/license, the club pilot is allowed to fly ONLY with radio communication and under Instructor’s supervision. Please read eligibility criteria of the course at https://appifly.org/?APPI-3-Pilot.
Syllabus - This course covers all that is part of the P1-Introductory course, P2-Novice course and CC- Certification course and P3 Independent Pilot. However since there is continuity in the training one achieves much more in a 20 Day course in terms of a number of flights, flying hours, pilot competency level and confidence.
The course covers
1) Site and Wind assessment - Basic
2) Ground Handling - Glider control practice
3) Take off & Landing techniques (Bunny Hops)
4) Flight briefing and mental preparation
5) Solo Flights from Training Hill under Radio supervision
6) Independent Pre-Flight preparation and Flight planning
7) Independent Solo Flights without Radio supervision
8) Independent Post Flight Procedures
9) Site and Wind assessment - Advanced
10) Kiting sessions for better glider control and active piloting
11) Instructional Tandem - To get comfortable with soaring flight, high altitude and maneuvers
12) Soaring Flights - Initially under guidance followed by independent soaring flights
13) Initially under guidance followed by independent approaches and landings
14) Witnessed Tasks such as Big Ears, 360 degree turns, Target landings and as mentioned in the Certification Book
15) Fly at least 3 different flying sites of intermediate level
16) Log 10 flights in Thermic conditions
17) Log 15 Flights in Strong wind conditions
18) Advanced witnessed tasks such as Collapses, Turn Reversals, Top landings and as mentioned in the Certification Book
19) Logged Requirements such as a number of Flights, Flying hours and as mentioned in the Certification Book
20) Independent flying to the satisfaction of the Senior Instructor / CFI
1) Introductory Brief
2) Personalized Briefing and Debriefing sessions
3) Basic Theory class - Introduction to Equipment and Aerodynamics
4) Basic Simulator Sessions - Solo Flight Preparation
5) Basic Written Examination
6) Video Training Films with Instructor
7) Verbal Requirement Tasks as mentioned in the Certification book
8) Advance Theory classes - Capsule 1, 2 & 3 covering Micro Meteorology, Airmanship, Flight Safety, Aerodynamics and Psychological Aspects of flying.
9) Advanced Simulator Training Sessions - In Flight Maneuvers
10) APPI Adventure Pilot License written Examination
11) Understanding of recommended operating limitations for the level
12) APPI Pilot License written Examination
Templepilots has a fun team of APPI Qualified and Licensed Instructors with loads of experience in training. Their love for flying is infectious and they will go out of their way to make learning to fly an easy & enjoyable experience at every level. Personalized attention is given to each student at every stage of his learning. We like to teach generously to make happy, competent & safe Pilots. We look forward to sharing the skies and the joys of flying with as many as we can. Read more about our instructors at https://staging4.templepilots.com/our-team/
APPI provides a paragliding license based on a high level of paragliding, and an education system that is recognized internationally among all APPI schools worldwide, and partner Associations and Federations.Procedure to get your APPI Pilot License -
After getting all your Instructor Sign Offs in your Certification book that covers
1) Witnessed Tasks
2) Verbal Requirements
3) Logged Requirements
4) Written Examination
5) Final Assessment by Senior Instructor or CFI
We will directly apply to APPI for your Adventure Pilot License. Master Instructor Avi Malik is authorized
to issue you this license and no further authorization is required. Once applied you will instantly get a
confirmation mail and your license number. You will get a dedicated login account with APPI. The license
fee currently is 35 Euros for the first year, which you will be paying directly to APPI, Switzerland. Your
license will be delivered to your given postal address directly by APPI.
Subsequently, the renewal fee is 27 Euros per year.
Please read about APPI, their Education & Rating system, advantages & license benefits here at http://appifly.org/
We look forward to fulfilling your dream to fly,
We look forward to making this an experience of a lifetime,
We look forward to welcoming you to the wonderful world of free flying,